The countdown for costume making in really on now! Does anyone else feel the burn?? Here's my list as it stands to be finished:
- top tier and waistband then pettiskirt to my skirt
- blouse for me
- corset for me
- mini witch hat for me.
- cape/towel looking cape for Sephira's Ponyo costume (you know, a towel, she has that one when they're eating soup...)
- shoes for Sephira's Ponyo costume
- Jon's Fujimoto coat and red tie
- bowtie for my boss
- skirt for my mother in law
Sllloooowy chipping away at it...:-)
So today, I have a freebie for you all: a pattern to make your own mini witch hat headband.
This paired up with my previous tutorial on how to make a mini top hat will help you create a super cute witch hat that you can gussy up as much or as little as you want!
I made one a month ago for Azriella's Halloween Dress and just love it. Mini hats are the best! So just follow the mini top hat instructions, omitting the top circle and using the witch hat pattern, instead just over lap the cone piece to your fancy and attach the elastic and brim as the rest of the tutorial suggests :-)
Let me know if you have any questions!! Happy Halloween! Stop by tomorrow for a new tip or trick to creating the Gothic Lolita Look of yours or your little chibi's dream!