a collection of my latest kawaii handmades!
We had a lot of firsts this summer: we hosted our first foreign exchange student from Japan (and he was the sweetest kid!), we kitty-sat our friend's cat, and we got a pair of guinea pigs for Azy for her birthday!
On top of all of that, I decided to catch up all of my handmades over the past year that I hadn't blogged yet, and designed this super fun style magazine! I'm really happy seeing it all in a fashionable, little magazine!
Need more convincing? I included two super easy tutorials based off of the mini Ziggy Stardust outfit: how to make a Ziggy Cape + how to make a fabric ukulele strap!
🍧-For the best view, CLICK ON THE SCREEN TO OPEN THE FULL-SCREEN OPTION. To click through the magazine, hover your cursor over the right hand side of the screen. CLICK ON THE WHITE ARROW that pops up to flip through the magazine!-🍧
some more tips for viewing:
- If you are having trouble finding the arrow, try clicking the left and right arrows on your keyboard!
- You can just to view it in a separate webpage, but it won't be able to be seen full-screen. Click on this link to go to the Adobe Publish Online file directly.
ease of use features:
- I created a clickable table of contents (page 3) so you can go directly to the page you want to see!
- To navigate quickly between pages, click on the 9 dot square and scroll to the page you'd like to see!
- Press the Esc. button on your keyboard to exit full-screen mode
I really hope you enjoyed viewing my magazine! It was a lot of work but so much fun! I will definitely be doing more in the future! If you did like it, pretty please share it around 🖤
Feel free to email me if you have any questions about the tutorials or anything else!
- "Kira kira" is a Japanese "onomatopoeic" phrase meaning "sparkle sparkle!" I added the third "kira" since I have three sparkly little girls! Be careful though: "kira" once is how you say "killer" so make sure you say it twice!😱
- Underneath of the titles, I have the hiragana or katakana phrases! I also made some other graphics that are also Japanese phrases! I've been learning how to speak Japanese a little and I'm just starting to learn Mandarin and Korean as well.
- There are phrases in a lot of Asian countries which are meant to motivate you to do your best! I have a few scattered throughout the magazine:
- "Gambate!" which is Japanese. (Emi from Just Add Fabric was the one who first said this to me! ❤)
- "Fighting!" which is South Korean.
- "Jiāyóu!" which is Mandarin and I've seen used a lot in Taiwan. (interesting fact: "jāyóu" also means "to refuel your car" 😆!)
- You know how we say "meow" for the sound kitties make? Well in Japan, they translate their sound into "nyan"! Makes since when you think about the popular phone app "Nyan Cat"!
*Some items throughout the magazine are marked with an asterik "*" next to them which indicates that these were items I received in the past for free. A lot of the fabrics used in this magazine were printed compliments of My Fabric Designs. Some of the patterns were also gifted but all opinions are my own. This magazine is not to be sold anywhere. Please read my terms and conditions before sharing on yours or a third party website and make sure to contact me as well 😺.